Senior Machine Learning Engineer - Tooling, Cash App
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Position open to remote: Yes
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic money app with over 36 million active monthly users.
Loved by customers and by pop culture, we’ve held the #1 spot in finance on the App Store for almost two years, and our social media posts see more engagement in a day than most financial brands see in a year.
With major offices in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Kitchener-Waterloo, Toronto and Melbourne, Cash App is bringing a better way to send, spend, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to today’s banking system.
We are looking for a machine learning engineer to join our Machine Learning Modeling Tools (MLMT) team and help build Cash App. The MLMT team is focused on building/enhancing tools, libraries, frameworks, developer environments, etc. for ML modeling workflows. The role is cross functional working with Data Science, Machine Learning (ML), and Engineering teams.
You will be covering a wide variety of problems, from Risk to Growth to Lending; You will also be working closely with other Engineering teams across the company. You will also work very closely with the members of your team to identify new and large opportunities that will shape our ML roadmap & strategy. We are looking for someone who will thrive in a fast-paced environment, be very hands on, and operate independently.
- Design and build services and tooling that support all of our ML and Data Science teams
- Work cross-functionally with product, platform, security, and data engineering teams to unlock new machine learning applications
- Develop prototypes and partner with ML teams to encourage adoption of new tools and technologies
- Proactively identify new opportunities and future needs of our ML teams
- Lead by example by applying ML and engineering best practices
- Stay up-to-date with the latest techniques in machine learning and foster a culture of learning within the organization
- Help shape Cash App’s ML capabilities and strategy
- 3-5+ years of a combination of engineering and machine learning industry experience
- An advanced degree in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Math, Statistics, or a related technical field
- Knowledge of and experience with a range of machine learning algorithms, tools, and platforms
- Intellectual curiosity and a passion for Cash App’s mission of economic empowerment
Technologies we use and teach:
- Python (and its data analysis and machine learning libraries / frameworks)
- GCP, AWS
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding state and city guidelines.