Senior Software Engineer - Ops Platform, Cash App
- New York, NY, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app with over 36 million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system.
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
As a member of the Cash Operations Platform Engineering team, you will help build out infrastructure to allow scalable, efficient, and secure use by our support, risk, and other teams. We are building a platform to be effective for customer operations use, and easy to develop for by other Cash engineering teams.
- Design data models and APIs to work within microservice and event-based architectures
- Manage features throughout their life cycle, from inception to supporting production
- Collaborate with your teammates, learn from them and teach them
- Prioritize maintainable and well-tested code
- Work with partners, including other engineering teams, customer operations teams, and marketing teams
- Contribute to shared technologies, including our open source projects
- A desire to perform and grow as an engineer or leader
- Experience building creative solutions to complex problems
- Demonstrated technical initiative on previous projects
Technologies we use and teach:
- Java and Kotlin, with JUnit, Hibernate, and Guice
- MySQL and Vitess
- TypeScript, React, Redux
- gRPC and Protocol Buffers
- Event-driven architecture
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines and applicable regulations.