Software Engineer - Marketing Engineering, Cash App
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app with over 36 million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system.
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
Marketing Engineering builds the technology behind all of Cash's innovative marketing initiatives including:
- Megan Thee Stallion $1 Million Bitcoin Giveaway
- Miley Cyrus $1 Million Stocks Giveaway
- Much more, including giveaways with Justin Bieber, Chance the Rapper, Cardi B, Kim Kardashian, Snoop Dogg, Lil Nas X, Pokimane
Our projects are not only highly visible internally, but also catch the eyes of the fintech industry as Cash App pushes the boundaries of creative marketing in the finance space.
- Build marketing campaign management tools to create, customize, and monitor marketing campaigns on Twitter, Instagram, Twitch, and Tik Tok.
- Work with teams across the entire engineering org to launch Cash App features.
- Lead innovative marketing initiatives, such as Cash by Cash App apparel and other exciting but redacted initiatives.
- Work closely with the Marketing team to come up with creative ways to leverage technology to boost the Cash brand. The next big thing for Cash could be your idea!
- Build infrastructure to support special non-customer accounts.
- Work with the ML team to analyze customer trends in marketing campaigns.
- Define engineering processes and best practices on a young and growing team.
- Ability to work collaboratively within your team and with other teams, both technical and non-technical.
- Ability to use technology to design creative solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to scope out technical requirements and lead projects from inception to completion.
Technologies we use and teach:
- Java, Kotlin
- JUnit, Hibernate, and Guice
- TypeScript, React, Redux
- HTTP, JSON, gRPC, and Protocol Buffers
- Event-driven architecture
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines and applicable regulations.