Software Quality Engineer
- Toronto, Canada
Our hardware team builds the tangible connection to all that is Square. We started with a simple and elegant Reader that turns any phone or tablet into a mobile point of sale. Since then, we have expanded our hardware footprint to meet the needs of more sellers. Most recently, we introduced Square Register and Square Terminal, two systems with fully integrated point of sale that enables people to start selling right out of the box.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test to stand up the CI automation for both our Square Reader and Square Stand. You will collaborate with Product Delivery, Quality Systems, and Developer Experience teams as you buildout automated tests for Square products. You will report into our SDET Lead.
- Own the definition and execution of the overall automation test strategy for Square Reader and Square Stand.
- Move up and down the stack and become an expert on how applications, system, and firmware are integrated.
- Partner with other development teams to create interfaces to enable product testability.
- Write code to expand, stabilize, and mature product test automation framework.
- Participate in all product development phases from requirements to production.
- Communicate clear recommendations to product owners and stakeholders based on defined test goals, acceptance criteria, and identified risks.
- 5+ years of test engineering and/or software engineering experience, preferably on consumer electronics products.
- Designed and implemented an automated test framework for a complex functional area.
- Proven a strong aptitude for learning new technologies with a good instinct for discovering defects in firmware, software, and hardware.
- Developed with a focus on testability or for the purpose of performing automated tests.
- Track record of driving critical bugs to resolution. Prioritize bugs on behalf of the customer.
- Mentored junior engineers on SW development methodologies and best practices.
- Clear written and spoken communication skills.
- Experience working collaboratively on a cross-functional team.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources