- Oakland, CA
Square is looking for a full-time Threat Analyst based in San Francisco or Oakland; or you will work remotely in the U.S. on Square's Protective Intelligence Team, within the Trust & Safety team. You will report to the Protective Intelligence and Travel Safety Manager.
You will identify and assess threats to Square's most valuable assets and will assist Protective Intelligence in addressing a high volume of threat-related concerns, in addition to conducting research and investigations into potential concerns. You are eager to serve in a hybrid role, fusing investigations and analysis. You will work with Legal, HR, Compliance, Trust and Safety, Public Policy and external industry partners. We are looking for established open source investigations and research skills and strong analytic writing and briefing skills. The analyst will combine complex information from several sources, and convey risk assessment data in an easy-to-understand manner.
- Conduct research qualitative data, reach conclusions, and make recommendations on investigative cases.
- Use commercial databases and open source investigative tools.
- Assess validity and capability of risks and triage based on solid prioritization skills.
- Combine investigative data and findings with general trend research to provide threat/risk context for stakeholders.
- Monitor and evaluate threats identified by social listening tools.
- Monitor global political and security risks to determine their impact on and relevance to Square's platform and users around the world.
- Draft, design, and share written products to all internal partners.
- Thoughtfully work with important partners at all levels of the company.
- 3 or more years conducting online and open source investigations, security analysis, or investigations
- Experience with social listening and monitoring tools.
- Experience creating and refining advanced search queries.
- Understanding of global geopolitical and social issues and threats to/from different regions of the world.
- Experience drafting and maintaining Protective Intelligence content within a regulated environment.
- A passion for Squares mission.
- Minimum educational requirement of a Bachelor's Degree.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources