Senior Software Engineer - P2P Platform, Cash App
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Seattle, United States
We are open to hiring within multiple locations in the US & Canada.
It all started with an idea at Square in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to our millions of monthly active users. We want to make the world’s relationship with money more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible. This is our mission, and it’s why working at Cash App means so much more than a job.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and we’ve got offices and remote teammates across the globe. Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers to learn more!
The Peer-to-Peer (P2P) Platform team builds and maintains the platform services that are used by our millions of customers to send money person-to-person quickly, safely, and reliably. As a part of this team, you will build software that helps us scale up our P2P payments infrastructure, combat risk losses, and expand our payments feature suite. You will work with product teams to explore and engineer new features that innovate how people access and manage their money.
- Develop native Cash App payment features, scale systems to our growing customer base and test everything effectively
- Take a developer-centric approach in building APIs used by apps and microservices
- Apply cloud computing primitives to build performant and elastic services that are easy to operate and maintain
- Contribute to complex, multi-person projects that cross Engineering team boundaries
- Mentor other Engineers on the team and make recommendations to improve the team and broader practices
- Contribute to the broader tech and open source communities
- Work with our team to help recruit candidates, organize external recruiting/networking activities, present externally and more
- Built up depth in one or more technical areas and you understand how to transfer that expertise to solve other problems
- Curiosity that pushes you to find flaws in an intricate system and take whatever steps are necessary to fix them
- Taken technical initiative on previous projects, having led or contributed to medium-to-large feature releases
- Made contributions to the architecture and design of complex systems
- The ability to persevere in a wide range of challenging situations - pressure or cross-functionality - and across multiple axes - like scale and uncertainty
- Fluency with multiple programming languages
Tools we use and teach:
- Java 11 including JUnit, Hibernate, and Guice
- HTTP, JSON, gRPC, and Protocol Buffers
- DynamoDB and SQL
- Amazon Web Services
- Event-driven microservice architecture
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.