Product Manager, Payroll Operations Platform
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
The Square Payroll's Operations team manages the people and technology that power our fast-growing business. Our sellers rely on us to quickly and accurately move money to their employees, tax agencies and benefits partners, while ensuring 100% compliance with the latest regulations.
We are looking for a technical product manager to help us scale our operations to serve more customers, expand to international markets, and explore new business models. In this role, you will determine product vision and roadmap for APIs, toolkits and integrations that are loved by internal and third-party developers and operations teams. You have experience working with APIs and leading platform strategy, and are passionate about the potential for platforms to unlock new opportunities for seller success.
- Spend time with customers and partners and translate their needs into APIs, developer and operational toolkits, and integration experiences
- Create and guide our platform roadmap and represent the team with partners and Payroll leads to influence and align resources and prioritization
- Understand the needs of Square sellers, third-party developers, and teams within Square building on and using our platform, and guide our team to ship remarkable solutions
- Foster an environment that enables the Payroll Engineering team to build quickly while maintaining a high standard for quality
- In collaboration with engineering, product, and data science, lead the end-to-end success of projects from discovery to launch
- Tie goals back to business metrics such as cost, speed, reliability and operational efficiency
- Highlight technical risk areas, dependencies and technical debt. Develop strategies to address.
- 5+ years of technical product management experience
- 3+ years of experience shipping successful platform products and APIs that required partnering across multiple teams, organizations, and companies
- Experience building and scaling a technical product discipline from the ground up
- Deep customer empathy and experience shaping product direction based on customer needs
- Ability to both operate at a strategic level and dive deep into the technical details and complexity with ease. You can readily communicate technical and complex topics to non-technical audiences.
- Passion for our purpose of economic empowerment and helping sellers succeed
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources