Senior Product Manager, Capital
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
We have an incredible team that is working to make financing easier, fair and more transparent for all businesses. As a Senior Product Manager on the team, your work will help millions of small businesses using our platform to start and grow their business.
You will guide the strategy for optimizing our customers' journeys through all stages of the funnel for our core Capital product. Our approach is both customer-focused and data-driven. So you will need to dig in to understand our customers and their needs, establish experiments, and guide the team to move fast and ship solutions.
You will work with designers, engineers, analysts, marketing, and other team members within the organization to ensure that our product scales to reach millions more customers by providing a remarkable, delightful experience for financing. Your job will include identifying growth levers for the product, building new experiences where our customers need financing, conceptualizing and implementing new business models, and iterating until we reach a remarkable solution for everything we do. You should push boundaries, trying anything and everything that helps promote Square Capital' long-term success!
If you're looking to affect the growth and direction of a large business within Square, you will find this role compelling and rewarding.
- Help shape the strategy and growth for our core loans product
- Establish goals and ensure success is measurable and can be improved upon
- Use an iterative, data-driven approach to inform product direction
- Understand the jobs-to-be-done of our sellers and use these insights to design experiments
- Work with executive leadership and cross-product teams to grow our active seller base
- Influence important partners at Square to align resources and prioritization
- Manage the entire product life cycle from ideation, to planning, execution and launch
- 7+ years of experience in product management, with a product during a hyper-scaling phase, serving millions of customers
- Experience shipping and iterating on successful products
- Customer empathy to shape product direction and execution based on their needs
- Comfort with analytics to run experiments and using data to make product decisions
- Ability to absorb technical concepts quickly and work across teams who support development of Capital's foundational components
- Commitment to continuous improvement with the ability to take an idea and bring it to life independently
- Excellent execution at a growth stage company product - experience building their own company or contributing to a startup during a hyper-growth phase
- Growth PM experience at a company with an established Growth practice
- Domain experience with lending, small business finances or other financial products
- Passionate about Square's mission to expand access to capital to more businesses of all sizes
- Empathy (and experience) running businesses that rely on financing
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources