Business Intelligence Analyst, Marketing
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
As a BI Analyst on the Marketing team, you will join an organization whose mandate is to develop foundational data and reporting infrastructure essential to driving Square's revenue growth, optimizing spend, and measuring impact of marketing campaigns. You will support our global marketing teams in bridging the gap between business requirements and technical implementation. You will lead efforts to measure SEO and Content Marketing performance, and feed that measurement into high-level strategy for the teams and their partners. You will synthesize insights through the vast amount of data captured by Square, and develop applicable strategies to grow Square while maintaining customer experience. This is a high-impact role, working with partners in global marketing, data engineering, web strategy, and product to answer challenging questions that directly affect our customer experience and Square's growth. You will help build and promote a culture of experimentation and self-serve access to data to make better and faster decisions. Your work will have an impact on hundreds of stakeholders at Square.
- Be the expert on SEO data and establish best practices through experimentation and rigorous measurement
- Determine KPIs, build ETLs, construct dashboards and other tools for you and other stakeholders to monitor SEO and Content Marketing health, and ensure accurate and reliable business reporting
- Partner and support Content Marketing team with their reporting needs
- Break down nuanced, complex data for team members, while keeping customer and business context in mind
- Challenge assumptions and pressure-test analyses
- Partner with business leads to understand their data and reporting requirements and translate them into Product Requirement Definitions and technical specifications
- Join a team of motivated, intelligent analysts and data engineers and contribute your insights back to the broader data community at Square.
- Use data to advocate for our customers' experience.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in an analytics role.
- 5+ years of experience in an analytics role (e.g. web analytics, product analytics, data science).
- Technical skill in SQL, ETL development and data analysis.
- Thoughtful data intuition; focusing on the challenges of a data problem.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and cross-collaboration.
- Experience with data visualization preferably using Looker.
- Familiarity with data warehouse design, development and best practices.
- Experience delivering on impactful data projects with multiple, often senior, partners.
- Experience with SEO and Web data is a plus.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources