Software Engineer (Frontend), Invoices
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Square Invoices is the easiest way for merchants to close sales and collect payments remotely. Our customers rely on our products because they are well designed, easy to use, and integrated with their business. We are a full-stack product oriented team, spanning across engineering, design, product, and marketing. You'll report to the engineering lead and will have a seat at the table in roadmap decisions and will help the team accomplish our industry-leading growth goals.
We are a focused and growing team with an abundance of opportunities in growth and influence. You'll focus on building the best tools to help our merchants close sales and get paid quickly, anywhere, at any time. At the same time, we are doing this in a thoughtful and scalable way, making smart choices about how to automate functions for our merchants. You are a product-minded, server engineer who can take an idea from prototype to a cornerstone of our merchants' business operations.
- Work with other engineers, designers, and product managers to develop excellent product experiences.
- Oversee the entirety of your features; including component design, implementation, automated testing, and rollout.
- Manage the architecture of our frontend systems to allow quick and stable feature development
- Hold yourself, and your teammates accountable to the standards of engineering that enables Square to safely move billions of dollars in payments and allow our customers to trust us with their sensitive data.
- 4+ years professional experience.
- Experience with ROI, to deliver remarkable solutions to our merchants.
- Experience in the different stages of product development. This can mean building code to iterate quickly, or building a sustainable system to support our product for years to come.
- Experience with the connection between the software you build and the experience it provides to customers
- Experience working with other teams, such as designers, product managers, data scientists, marketing, and business development to achieve a great product.
- Experience building products at scale.
- Proficiency in at least one front-end framework and an enthusiasm to learn others. Our engineers have all kinds of backgrounds and are encouraged to move freely across our technology stack.
Languages and technologies we use and teach:
- Technologies: Sass, HTML
- Frameworks: Ember.js, Rails, gRPC
- Infrastructure: MySQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, Kafka
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources