Fraud Analyst - Taxes, Cash App
- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
We are open to hiring in the following time zone: EST (US & Canada)
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app with over 36 million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system.
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
Cash App is offering a better way to file your taxes as an alternative to traditional online DIY tax preparation systems. As a Fraud Analyst on Cash, you'll oversee the planning, design, development, and execution of anti-fraud efforts for Cash that we use to protect the entire lifecycle of our tax product in production and at scale. You'll work with members of regulatory agencies, and product & engineering teams to ensure we’re up to date on the latest anti-fraud tools, and provide solutions to mitigate fraud.
- Own the anti-fraud efforts of the tax vertical
- Ensure LEADS schemas are up to date and correct
- Write and run SQL and xpath queries to identify potential fraud
- Work with product and engineering teams to ensure our systems meet the most up-to-date anti-fraud standards set forth by regulatory agencies
- Work with regulatory agencies to further anti-fraud efforts on a national level
- Be a strong advocate for Cash App customers
- A strong motivation to contribute to a meaningful product that will fundamentally change the way people interact with financial institutions
- A strong desire to perform and grow as a fraud analyst, and to become an industry leader in this field
- Demonstrated technical initiative and leadership
- Experience partnering with regulatory agencies
- Experience developing and running SQL, Xpath and BigQuery/Snowflake queries
- Familiarity with data warehousing programs
- Rich understanding of various fraud components and a keen eye for spotting trends and patterns
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced and highly collaborative environments while maintaining a positive attitude and meeting deadlines
Technologies we use:
- Jira for defect management
- SQL, BigQuery and Snowflake for data warehousing
- Jenkins/CircleCI, GCP, Docker for infrastructure and CI/CD integration
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines.