Fraud Analyst - Taxes, Cash App
- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Employees can work remotely
It all started with an idea at Square in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to our millions of monthly active users. We want to make the world’s relationship with money more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible. This is our mission, and it’s why working at Cash App means so much more than a job.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and we’ve got offices and remote teammates across the globe. Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers to learn more!
Cash App is offering a better way to file your taxes as an alternative to traditional online DIY tax preparation systems. As a Fraud Analyst on Cash, you'll oversee the planning, design, development, and execution of anti-fraud efforts for Cash that we use to protect the entire lifecycle of our tax product in production and at scale. You'll work with members of regulatory agencies, and product & engineering teams to ensure we’re up to date on the latest anti-fraud tools, and provide solutions to mitigate fraud.
- Own the anti-fraud efforts of the tax vertical
- Ensure LEADS schemas are up to date and correct
- Write and run SQL and xpath queries to identify potential fraud
- Work with product and engineering teams to ensure our systems meet the most up-to-date anti-fraud standards set forth by regulatory agencies
- Work with regulatory agencies to further anti-fraud efforts on a national level
- Be a strong advocate for Cash App customers
- A strong motivation to contribute to a meaningful product that will fundamentally change the way people interact with financial institutions
- A strong desire to perform and grow as a fraud analyst, and to become an industry leader in this field
- Demonstrated technical initiative and leadership
- Experience partnering with regulatory agencies
- Experience developing and running SQL, Xpath and BigQuery/Snowflake queries
- Familiarity with data warehousing programs
- Rich understanding of various fraud components and a keen eye for spotting trends and patterns
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced and highly collaborative environments while maintaining a positive attitude and meeting deadlines
Technologies we use:
- Jira for defect management
- SQL, BigQuery and Snowflake for data warehousing
- Jenkins/CircleCI, GCP, Docker for infrastructure and CI/CD integration
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.