Engineering Manager, Invoices
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Square Invoices is the easiest way for merchants to close sales and collect payments remotely. Our customers rely on our products because they are well designed, easy to use, and integrated with their business. The team focuses on building the best tools to help our merchants close sales and get paid quickly, anywhere, at any time. We are a full stack, product oriented team, spanning across engineering, design, product, and marketing.
As an Engineering Manager reporting to the Engineering Lead, you will oversee and grow our core Invoicing product / platform that's used by hundreds of thousands of merchants and developers across the world to process billions of dollars in payments each year. You will work with engineering leaders across the company, work with product managers and designers, and contribute to the long-term success of our organization and Square. We're proud to have built a team of engineers who are just getting started – and as their manager, you will help guide the way.
- Grow an amazing team by hiring qualified candidates, developing your team, and providing architecture and operational guidance to keep the technical bar high.
- Develop efficient processes, ensuring the engineering team is operating with high velocity, ownership, and accountability to our customers.
- Lead your team to build systems, services, and product features across multiple platforms that delight our merchants.
- Ensure successful project execution through careful planning, organization, and ownership of your team's development processes.
- BA / BS degree or equivalent practical working experience
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of experience managing distributed teams with 10+ engineers, providing technical mentorship and guidance to your team
- First hand experience building products or platforms at scale
Languages and technologies we use and teach:
- Frameworks: Ember.js, Rails
- Infrastructure: MySQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, Kafka
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources