Hardware Operations Program Management, Lead
- San Francisco, CA
The Square Hardware team is looking for a full time employee to lead the Operations Program Management team. You will lead direct reports through the entire product life cycle which focuses on both NPI and Sustaining. You will work closely with the Factory, Engineering, Product, Supply & Demand, and Biz Ops teams to manage supply, product, process, and contract manufacturer issues.
You will be a part of a team distributed across the US and Shenzhen, China. The majority of the team is based in the Pacific Time Zone, but that is not a requirement for the role.
The Hardware Operations Program Manager Lead is responsible for managing the team of Square Hardware OPMs responsible for execution of NPI and Sustaining programs through the product life cycle. As the Lead of the Hardware OPM team, you will manage a group of experienced and technical OPMs who drive project schedules, factory readiness activities, and supply chain management efforts. The Hardware OPM Lead will mentor and guide the team through operational challenges, and will use supply chain and manufacturing expertise to help drive decisions and set processes to sustain the business at scale.
- Lead a team (2-5) of Hardware Operations Program Managers (OPM) and Coordinators (OPC) to manage NPI and Sustaining efforts with a focus on product supply
- Be accountable for resource allocation and program support across Square's Hardware portfolio
- Support team coverage as needed - includes taking ownership of individual contributions as a lead when resource constrained
- Build strong working relationships with in-region counterparts to support the team across various time zones
- Promote best practices for development and implementation
- Foster a culture of informed risk-taking and collaborative problem-solving
- Provide career development opportunities to the team
- Partner with Leads across Square Hardware disciplines (i.e. HW/SW Engineering, Product Marketing, Materials, Quality, Supply & Demand, Biz Ops) to improve the Square Hardware development process
- Build relationships outside of Square Hardware (i.e. Contract Manufacturers, Finance partners
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources