Senior Software Engineer - Cash Operations, Cash App
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app with over 30 million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system.
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
Operations Engineering connects thousands of advocates to millions of Cash App customers, providing critical tools that connect operations to the rest of the business. The scope is huge, as every Cash product, from bitcoin to banking, needs support. Helping those product teams to build the tools to support their customers is the core mission of operations engineering.
As a Technical Lead for the Cash Operations Engineering Team, you’ll be helping to define the vision and direction of the operations platform. You will not only be helping to architect a rapidly changing, mission critical system, but building relationships with other teams and customers to ensure their success building inside the platform.
- Help set broad direction and vision, influence engineering and business strategy, and establish practices to efficiently and effectively address customer needs.
- Lead and participate in critical technical, design, and product discussions with leaders across our various product, data science, operations, and engineering teams
- Work across the organization to fill knowledge gaps and build awareness of the capabilities of our platform
- Lead and empower a world-class team of engineers by mentoring individuals, cultivating pragmatic engineering decision-making, and leveraging your technical expertise to constantly raise the quality of design decisions and implementation by holding the team to a high standard
- 8+ years of hands on software engineering experience
- Excellent software engineering aptitude and the ability to provide technical mentorship and guidance
- Relevant engineering experience in operations, customer service, or a similar domain
- Experience collaborating with product managers, engineering managers and other engineering and cross-functional leaders across a wide range of teams
- Interest in working on a platform team building tools, apis, and services for internal and external customers
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines.