Senior Software Engineer, Restaurants
- Atlanta, GA
- Employees can work remotely
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
The Restaurants team at Square is re-imagining the hospitality industry to empower today's restaurants with simple, elegant software and efficient workflows. We admire the people working in the highly-competitive food and drink business and we want to help them succeed.
Restaurants today operate in an increasingly dynamic landscape, and we're building a modern product ecosystem to support this. Our products use innovative technology to unlock new workflows, revenue streams, and means of communication. In everything we build, we focus on efficiency, automation, and reliability: themes of paramount importance in a fast-paced environment where great hospitality is essential.
We're looking for back-end software engineers to join our growing team! Our products consist of sophisticated Web, iOS, and Android software that integrates with our hardware, all backed by reliable services.
As a software engineer on the Restaurants team, you'll build and maintain the services that power our web and mobile applications, as well as the web-based dashboard that enables restaurant owners to set up, manage, and learn from their business. We work in small full-stack product teams, so you'll interact with product managers, designers, and other engineers on a daily basis. You'll also work with our partners across the company in shared codebases, and contribute directly to Square's platform services when needed.
What you bring to the team and to Square:
- Passion to build beautiful, intuitive products for the food and drink hospitality industry
- Innate curiosity, and a desire to learn and teach
- Empathy for your customers and colleagues
- Eagerness to share your own ideas, and openness to those of others
- Experience working in Java or Rails
- Familiarity with front end technologies a plus
Technologies we use:
- Java, Ruby on Rails, Go
- gRPC, Protocol Buffers, and Microservice Architecture
- (Mobile) ObjectiveC, Swift, Kotlin
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources