Cash App Infrastructure & FP&A Senior Analyst
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app with over 24 million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system.
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
The Cash App Finance & Strategy (F&S) Team is looking for a Senior Analyst to join our Infrastructure and Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team. The Senior Analyst, reporting to a Finance & Strategy Manager, you will support processes, reporting and data analysis that provide financial analysis information to Cash F&S. You love numbers, have a passion for Finance, and want to use your technical skills to improve and grow reporting as Cash App grows.
- Support partners across Cash F&S, with projects focusing on financial reporting and business analysis using Tableau across all Cash App products
- You will identify and interpret new data sources using Snowflake, monitor errors and alerts to maintain data quality
- Focus on reporting accuracy to improve quality in data
- Respond to operational needs working on ad-hoc projects
- Create documentation of existing processes, data definitions and business metrics.
- Support and work with multiple teams in a virtual environment
- Contribute to month-end processes, ensuring information is accurate, maintaining and applying changes
- Help manage important financial data and processes for budgeting and forecasting (annual planning, quarterly outlooks and three-years plan)
- Work in collaboration with partners to identify their reporting and automation needs, contributing to make strategic decisions
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field
- Proficiency in excel (can perform complex functions) or Gsheets ( there will be prepared for a case study)
- Experience with SQL and interest in data visualization tools (Looker, Tableau)
- Finance experience including familiarity with concepts of forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, and data interpretation and analysis
- Solid experience with root cause analysis
- Experience in a FinTech company
- Experience in Financial & Planning Analysis
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources