Finance and Strategy Manager - Strategic Initiatives
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
We are looking for an experienced Finance & Strategy Manager, reporting to our Director of Strategic Initiatives, who will work as a member of Square's Finance & Strategy team, helping lead high priority strategic projects that affect the future trajectory of Square. You will shape both where we are going and how we are getting there, focusing on areas that fall outside the daily responsibility of our BUs (Seller, Cash App, and TIDAL).
The Strategic Initiatives function on the F&S team was formed in February 2021 and you will be the second person to join the team; as such, it will be a highly entrepreneurial role with lots of opportunity to define where to focus the team's efforts. We anticipate substantially adding to the team over the coming years and we will look to you to help shape how we structure the team.
This position can be based in any Square office in the United States or be 100% remote from any location in the continental United States
- Guide blue-sky thinking into new businesses or markets that Square should enter to support our mission of Economic Empowerment, and define plan for executing
- Support strategic decisions and ad hoc analyses related to M&A activities, real estate, tax, corporate entity structure, amongst others.
- Manage long-term strategic resource allocation and investment into existing and developing business units.
- In partnership with our Treasury team, guide capital markets activities and analyses to support Square's balance sheet and cash position.
- Regularly partner across departments and teams to analyze and report on the financial impact of decisions across the company
- Provide financial analysis and commentary to important partners including Square's board, management team and Investor Relations team.
- Improve our strategic decision-making processes to improve the way Square is governed
- A Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or other relevant field
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience (e.g. management consulting, investment banking, private equity, investments, strategic finance, corporate finance)
- Excellent proficiency in financial modeling and Excel (you should be prepared for a case study)
- Consistent track record of success and career progression
- Basic understanding of the financial services industry and a commitment to Square's mission
- Experience with consumer finance, payments, small business finance, or consumer SaaS companies, preferred
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources