Engineering Manager, Justice Engineering
- Remote, OR 97458, USA
The Justice Engineering Team is a foundational engineering team chartered to provide secure access to data and build tools that serve foundational legal, compliance and tax reporting needs. They build tools to safely connect people to data and ensure that teams at Square can quickly manage information across Square's product ecosystem (Payments, Cash App, Tidal). Engineers on your team feel at home working in and around multiple languages, and have a focus on correctness as every bit and number matters. You'll work with teams across Square to build solutions that allow our teams to move faster, safely.
- Initially guide a foundational team of engineers while still performing technical responsibilities (ie. deploy, triage, code reviews)
- Grow the team by coaching engineers, promoting quality, hiring talent, and using your technical & managerial expertise to level-up the team.
- Set the vision for your space and manage all expectations and deliverables.
- Partner with strategic vendors and teams across Square to make technical, design, strategy and product decisions.
- 2+ years of experience managing, recruiting, and retaining engineering talent and leading teams.
- You can understand complex technical concepts and help teams make decisions to move forward and communicating those decisions up.
- Experience working with distributed teams.
- Interest in working across multiple technical domains, including backend microservices, and web applications.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources