Product Manager, Point of Sale
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
Square is operated by an incredible team that is on a mission to make commerce easy for all types of businesses, in the US and abroad. As Square’s flagship product, Point of Sale is at the heart of this mission, with a team that builds a product that allows sellers to thrive in today’s commerce environment, whether they’re just starting out or already operating at scale.
As a Product Manager on the team, you will have an opportunity to drive impact for the millions of small businesses across the world using our product to start, run and grow their business. You will be responsible for defining multi-year product strategy, coordinating and executing projects, and optimizing the experience for sellers. Our approach at Square is both customer-focused and data-driven. You will need to dig in to deeply understand our customers and their needs, define and analyze data, and guide our world-class team to move fast and ship remarkable solutions.
In this role, you will also collaborate closely with designers, engineers, analysts, marketers, and other cross-functional team members within the organization to ensure that our product reaches customers and provides a remarkable, delightful experience. If you’re looking to change the way small businesses operate and drive impact at a high-growth company, you will find this role compelling, challenging, and rewarding.
• Develop innovative and industry-leading products across mobile and desktop platforms that uniquely serve Square’s customers.
• Work with Design, Engineering, Analytics, and Product Marketing to set the vision for your product. Drive the product strategy to maximize impact for our customers and Square’s business.
• Drive the product roadmap and execute the delivery timelines for the work to achieve team and company goals.
• Foster an environment that enables the team to execute quickly while maintaining a high standard for quality.
• Operate cross-functionally and build strong partnerships with product and business teams across the company in delivering excellent products and services.
• Influence key stakeholders throughout Square in order to align intent, resources, and prioritization.
• 8+ years of product management experience.
• A collaborative approach: Track record of building consensus and delivering results with cross-functional partners.
• Vision: You’ve formed, gained buy-in, and driven key strategies shaping the multi-year direction of your team.
• Results: You’re excellent tactically, with a proven track record of shipping simple, elegant products at scale.
• Analytical skills: You have a great ability to absorb and apply data to your decision making.
• Hustle: You’re scrappy, able to push through obstacles, and ready to roll up your sleeves wherever needed.
• Communication: You’re regarded as an effective communicator, both written and verbal.
• Customer empathy: Experience shaping product direction and execution based on customer needs.
• Experience working through problems with high ambiguity and without a definitive answer.
• Developed industry-leading products that have gained a strong followership and product loyalty.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources