People Ops Specialist
- Melbourne VIC, Australia
- Employees can work remotely
Square is looking for a People Operations Analyst on our team to help support and help us leapfrog ahead of Square's growth. With a hunger for systemic process improvement, you will establish robust data hygiene measures, scalable solutions for mass data changes, and proactive business processes.You will report to the People Operations Manager.
- Coordinate the People team elements for mergers and acquisitions, including domestic and international deals, partnering with specialists, and the Corporate Development team throughout the deal.
- Work with local and internal payroll and benefit teams to ensure the appropriate information is collected and processed in order for Payroll to complete the process.
- Identify trends through data, conduct analyses, and propose and implement systematic operational solutions across multiple People data-related matters and processes (i.e., process improvement)
- Work with global teams across varying time zones across our APAC, EMEA and American markets.
- Respond to employee queries from employees globally on People (HR) matters
- Respond to data requests and audits.
- BA/BS degree or 5+ years of HR experience with operational, project management, or program management activities
- Workday operational experience, including report writing
- Used to G Suite, Slack or other convenient technologies for workplaces
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with experience implementing processes that scale
- Manage multiple ongoing projects
- The ability to remain composed with a high volume of activities
- Ethics around confidentiality and sensitive information
- An ability to build partnerships and establish rapport and credibility at all levels
- The instinct to create personal and professional stretch goals and meet them
- Work with colleagues around the world
Additional skills (considered a major plus):
- Workday implementation / consulting experience
- Working knowledge of Java language to create Google Apps Scripts
- Bias for logical action - You have an urgency to improve systematic change through a data-driven lens without compromising quality.
- Empathy - You always want to understand someone's struggle.
- Hyper-organized - You know how to keep track of multiple projects.
- Attention to detail - You look at the finer details.
- Understanding of cultural differences, or change of organization dynamics
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources