- New York, NY, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio/work samples***
As a Design Technologist, you'll be a member of a creative team specialized in creating digital experiences and marketing campaigns. You will bring technology to the creative process, the front-end interactions you bring to life will create remarkable experiences for our sellers.
You are well-versed in an appropriate mix of development and prototyping platforms and tools, and know how to select the best platform for the task. You'll provide code that is flexible and can be iterated upon and pride yourself on being up-to-date with the latest standards. Thriving on exploration and experimentation, you are at the heart of co-creating ideas and bringing them to life. You have skills that complement your application of technology including but never limited to: a precise eye for intelligent UX, great design, and good foundations in strategy and process.
- Participate in concept development iteration
- Work on projects from ideation and design through implementation
- Take creative direction and expand on concept ideas for tactics, with contribution in creative reviews
- Take part in brainstorms, partnering with colleagues with diverse teams including Strategy, Design, Digital Production and Copy
- Implement hands-on technical development of prototypes coming out of ideation
- Contribute to discussions about the digital aspects of creative campaigns
- Present ideas or prototypes to mixed client marketing / technical audiences
- Work creatively through and around perceived limitations imposed by the delivery platform to create delightful experiences for customers
- Evaluate and document any new creative and engineering standards or patterns that could arise from your work
- BS in Computer Science or a related technical field and 4 years of relevant work experience
- Backend development – Familiarity of Ruby, Java, or other backend languages
- Portfolio of work that displays design, high-fidelity animation, motion, iconography, typography, color, and imagery
- Understanding of web standards, browser performance and best practices
- Passion for digital marketing, advertising, and understanding metrics
- Advocate for technology and choosing the right tool for the job
- Familiarity of modern design tools (Figma, Adobe After Effects, Cinema 4D)
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible. Perks At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes: Healthcare coverage, Retirement Plans, Employee Stock Purchase Program, Meal reimbursements, Wellness perks, Paid parental leave, Flexible time off, Learning and Development resources