Android Software Engineer, Orders
- St. Louis, MO, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
The Orders team is focused on evolving Square’s Order Management System which powers our Point of Sale products and is also made available to third-party developers through our Connect APIs. Our available service is involved in the complete order lifecycle: placement, payment, fulfillment and analytics.
Working on Android at Square is a unique opportunity in the mobile industry – you’ll get to work in one of the largest most established mobile ecosystems in existence – learning a lot from our large team of Android engineers in the process.
- Help design, build, and maintain Square’s Order Management System on our Point of Sale app
- Collaborate on the technical details of integrating Square’s Point of Sale product with ordering solutions, such as Buy Online Pickup In Store
- Partner on externally-facing tools to help third-party Android developers integrate with Orders
- Integrate customer feedback and partner with product managers to improve our products
- 3+ years of experience working in the Android ecosystem
- Proficiency in Java or Kotlin for development
- Experience building high availability and resilient systems which can accept and report orders no matter the network or device conditions
- Experience partnering with iOS, Android, and Server engineers to ship features
- Experience partnering with product managers and designers to determine product scope
Technologies we use:
- Java, Kotlin
- RxJava, SQLDelight, Dagger, Retrofit, OkHttp, Wire
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.