Anti-Bribery & Trade Controls Program Manager
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
You will support the Square Compliance team and report to the Compliance Governance Lead. You will design and lead our anti-bribery and anti-corruption (ABAC) and trade (import/export) controls (TC) programs, alongside Square's expansion into new markets and geographies and the recent acquisition of TIDAL, a global music and entertainment platform. You will work with colleagues in product management, engineering, legal, business development, human resources, and finance to ensure that we meet our obligations regarding ABAC and TC. You will also work with our third-party risk management program to ensure that we are taking the appropriate steps to manage compliance risk when working with third parties around the world.
- Design and lead the ABAC and TC compliance program. This will include building those programs to ensure compliance with gifts and entertainment provisions of ABAC laws and regulations.
- Manage projects that span several departments, partners, and international regions.
- Coordinate your activities with the other functions in Compliance Governance and the broader Compliance organization.
- Contribute to the process for diligence and ongoing monitoring of third-party exposure to ABAC and TC risk.
- Research relevant laws, regulations, and risk management frameworks and work with Compliance Governance, Product Compliance Managers, Legal, Business Development, Product Managers, Human Resources, and Finance to provide guidance and interpretation.
- Communicate complex legal and regulatory concepts in an audience-appropriate manner.
- Provide advice for designing policies, procedures, training, and other controls.
- Recommend technical solutions to implement Square's ABAC and TC programs and work with engineers to implement those solutions.
- Contribute to special projects important to Square's compliance program.
- 4-year undergraduate degree (Bachelor's Degree) or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in compliance in the FinTech, music streaming, media, entertainment, or consumer retail industries
- Expertise in the following subject-matter areas: anti-bribery and anti-corruption laws, trade controls, sanctions, employee conduct
- Experience developing compliance risk management programs
- Project management experience
- Experience working with business leads, external partners, and regulators through collaborative and independent projects
- Relevant industry certifications (e.g. CFE, PMP)
- Experience with international compliance programs
- Expertise in more than one of the subject-matter areas listed above
- Familiarity with data analytics and visualization platforms (e.g. Looker, Tableau)
- Experience managing software used in ABAC/TC programs
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources