Technical Program Operations Manager
- San Francisco, CA
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
The Strategic Growth Team operates as Square’s go-to-market (GTM) channel for up-market. We function as a full-stack new business and retention team, inclusive of: Business Development, Sales, Professional Services, Account Management, Dedicated Support and Operations, in partnership with many overlay functions as part of our deal process. Acting as a start-up within an established growth company, we seek to bring our mission of “Economic Empowerment” to large businesses.
Square initially pioneered the simple self-service model to enable small businesses to take a payment. Now, we aspire to expand that same seamless experience up-market. As a Technical Operations Program Manager, you will lead a series of automation projects geared at amplifying our next big wave of growth. This is the founding role within this function for the program.
- Deeply engage with our frontline salespeople, embody their day-to-day operational challenges, connect broad impactful themes, draft current-state, desired-state and business-case proposals
- Translate technical operational projects into clear functional requirements documents, ensuring our technical partners internally and externally know how to design solutions
- Build fruitful lasting relationships with key cross-functional stakeholders to ensure the voice of our up-market seller is actively heard and prioritized during annual planning
- Develop thoughtful and seamless change management plans in partnership with Account Management Leadership for all projects encompassing behavioral or work-flow changes
- Project manage the full life-cycle of technical operations projects, ensuring timely deployment within available budgets
- 6+ years of experience in a project or program management role
- Extensive experience documenting cross-functional business and technical requirements (e.g. Product Request Docs, Functional Requirements Docs)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, coupled with a keen ability to find shared-purpose that leads to mutually-beneficial outcomes
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, often with competing priorities, resources and timelines
- A knack for essentializing large multi-year projects into minimum remarkable deployments through innate creativity, foresight and pragmatism
- Experience with Salesforce, Looker and Snowflake are pluses!
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources