Senior Software Engineer, Financial Crimes Cash Tooling (Full Stack)
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app with over 36 million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system.
Loved by customers and pop culture, we've consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world's relationship with money by making it universally accessible. We want to find great people regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to work with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
The Financial Crimes Technology team builds systems which analyze and act on billions of dollars in blockchain, person to person, and merchant transactions across the globe to find and stop criminal activity. We design solutions and ship code with the customer-centric focus of a product organization, serving Square Compliance's financial crimes operations. Uncovering and preventing activities like money laundering, human trafficking, and all manner of criminal fraud before they impact our users and upend their lives is a part of Cash App's mission to bring economic empowerment to all.
- Create amazing data exploration and criminal case management tools for Square's Compliance organization
- Write and deploy code across all of Cash App's ever-evolving architecture
- Work with Cash App feature teams and support launches by building tooling to expose misuse by bad actors
- Develop and support our tools as products, with a focus on elegant solutions, usability, and our customer needs
- Build our own platform of services and data pipelines, architected for scale, and designed to anticipate the future
- 6+ years of industry experience or equivalent
- Worked on distributed systems where data consistency and availability at scale is required
- Passionate about working on Fintech, blockchain, machine learning, and data science products
- Some experience building front-ends for the products you have built
- An iterative approach to identifying MVPs and shipping
Technologies we use and teach
- Event-driven and microservice architectures
- Kotlin, Modern Java (11+), Ruby
- Sharded and unsharded MySQL at scale, key-value stores like Redis, your garden variety of NoSQL wide-column databases
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources