Graphic Designer, Verse
- Barcelona, Spain
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Verse is a financial brand within the ecosystem of Square, located in Barcelona. Our goal is to take the friction out of spending and sharing money through peer-to-peer transactions. Our digital wallet allows you to share payments instantly, safely, and free of charge in select European countries.
We are collaborating closely with the Cash App organization to build a product that refines the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible. This partnership will enhance support and continued investment in our company’s growth across the European Union.
We want to hire the best talent to join our team in Spain. Interested in learning more?
Verse is looking for a Graphic Designer with a track record in producing compelling creative work and an interest in product app design.
The role will primarily provide design support for Verse marketing and product team in helping to deliver recruitment campaigns and branding, by promoting the work delivered by our design team and established in our brand guides.
The graphic designer will work closely in a cross-collaborative environement with the Verse design team and the marketing leads for the brand
What you'll do
- Deliver creative visual assets, digital static (and motion if its possible) design that brings our brand to life
- Design compelling social layouts that support social messaging
- Concept and develop content for social campaigns
- Ensure that all creative and artwork meets the brief, is on brand and produced to the highest standard
- Work very closely with our lead designer and marketing manager, helping them design collateral for various needs such as digital, print, image retouching/manipulation, new concept development work etc.
- Collaborate with our marketing, recruitment, and internal teams to deliver the best solutions for our projects
- Become a brand ambassador by owning and supporting of our new brand guidelines, making sure our brand is consistently used and supporting others in understanding and implementing them
- Work across multiple project deadlines
- Quick turnaround on producing creative and topical social media graphics
- Proactive presentation of new ideas
What you'll need
- Proven ability to work from brief to create high level concept work across, print, digital and media
- Proven experience with Adobe Creative Cloud apps (Illustartor, Photoshop, Indesign...)
- Proven communication and presentation skills in selling your ideas within your team
- Must have a broad and highly skilled portfolio of work across 2D, 3D, layout, typography, illustration and branding
- Has a proven ability to produce cutting-edge creative work and a passion for and understanding of design, including typography and layout
- Embraces challenges and new methods of thinking
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- Creating hi-fidelity product designs, design ideas, user flows, wireframes, sitemaps and prototypes
- UX and interaction design (Figma)
- Motion design
- 3D design
- Illustration skills
- Verse App user
Verse treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, political ideas, ethnicity, origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, social status, union states, kinship status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines and applicable regulations.
Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will treat your request and information as confidentially as possible in accordance with our privacy policies and applicable requirements. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.