Senior Product Designer, eCommerce - Buyer Demand
- Toronto, Canada
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
As a senior-level Product Designer at Square, you will drive design execution for our Ecommerce team—including services like Customer Accounts, Coupons, Marketing, Loyalty, Gift Cards, Insights. Square Online offers a unique challenge that requires designers to solve for many products and platforms in a cross-functional role. These are products that are integral to Square’s ecosystem, and you’d be able to drive the product’s design and approach on features and services that empower small- and medium-sized businesses and the people behind them.
- At least (7) years of relevant professional experience
- You have a portfolio that shows work you were directly responsible for with little guidance from leadership
- Experience as a primary contributor to multiple high impact projects
- You proactively formulate ideas and present them to your cross-functional team to determine strategy and roadmaps
- You have the ability to effectively question and collaborate with your leadership peers and drive conversations to next steps
- You are seen as a mentor for other designers and proactively provide feedback and find ways to improve their work
- You are able to use your years of experience to quickly move projects forward, leveraging domain expertise, establishing principles, and conducting research when necessary
- You are able to drive the vision for the product and achieve it through design explorations, documentation, and presentations
- You are able to leverage existing design systems and standards and work to improve these systems and standards when necessary
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources