Senior Security Engineer, Cloud Infrastructure (AWS or GCP)
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Square’s Information Security culture is focused on enabling our engineering teams to build and ship secure products. We achieve this by designing, building, and deploying state of the art security alongside our product and infrastructure teams.
As a Senior Security Engineer, Cloud Infrastructure, you will be responsible for hardening of Square’s cloud computing and cloud network environments. Square is in the early days of migrating existing on-prem services to the cloud. Your work will shape the way we use the cloud for years to come.
We’re looking for someone with both a broad knowledge of security and systems, as well as a deep knowledge of how to apply that to the cloud (AWS and or GCP). The ideal candidate will have experience across a range of technical disciplines and may have had past jobs such as Information Security (Hardening, Detection/Response, Blue Team, etc) and systems (SRE, SysAdmin, Network Engineer, etc). This is a senior role, and we’re looking for someone who has experience with a wide variety of real-world issues.
- Design and build the security components of the next phase of Square’s cloud infrastructure.
- Build security automation for cloud environments.
- Work closely with the infrastructure and product teams who are moving to the cloud, and ensure that they have secure-by-default systems.
- 5-10 years total experience in tech.
- Cloud (AWS or GCP) experience
- At least 2 years of AWS or GCP experience.
- Experience implementing cloud security and hardening, especially in a large or complex environment.
- Deep knowledge of cloud IAM and how to configure least-privilege.
- Knowledge of cloud networking and how to securely interconnect multiple cloud accounts, on-prem servers, etc.
- Expertise in automation tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, etc.
- Security experience
- At least 2 years experience working in security (does not need to be in the cloud).
- Experience writing code to solve security issues. This could be writing security tools, or automation/management of security-sensitive environments.
- Experience securing Linux systems - hardening, logging/detection, general systems design.
- Networking knowledge, including network security and segmentation.
- Experience in Python and/or Ruby.
- Experience with Kubernetes.
- Google Cloud Platform experience. While most of our cloud infrastructure is in AWS, we have a growing footprint in GCP.
- Familiarity with Azure.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources