Software Engineer, Productivity Platform
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Seattle, United States
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
Square has grown into a platform of product services that help merchants run their business. From the inside, these product services are organized into teams with their own product and engineering teams. Underneath, there's a platform organization that supports this plethora of products.
Our team, Regulator Productivity Platform, is part of this larger platform organization. We work with product teams to ensure their internal operations needs are met and optimized by building tooling dedicated to operational workflows, such as Case Management, Search, and customizable views into Square's internal data. We partner with the product teams to configure and use these features in and cohesive tooling that meet their needs.
As one of the oldest code bases at Square, we are constantly evolving and refactoring, creating better patterns and adding new features to meet the demands of different requirements throughout all products. We are working on applying new GraphQL API endpoints to improve new view development and update existing views.
- Assist product engineers from other teams to develop new data views using our platform
- Contribute to the monitoring, stability, and security of our existing services
- Communicate technical designs in writing and in person to all kinds of audiences
- Understand our partners needs and assist turning their requests into scalable features
- Working proficiency in the English language
- Experience working in large full-stack web applications (2+ years minimum)
- Experience developing front-end web applications in Ember, React, or other frameworks
- Written and verbal communication skills
- A desire at scale
Technologies we use:
- Ruby on Rails
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources