Head of Partnerships and Business Development, TIDAL
- New York, NY
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
TIDAL is an artist-centric global music and entertainment platform that brings artists and fans closer together through unique original content and exclusive events. Available in 57 countries, the streaming service has more than 70 million songs and 250,000 high-quality videos in its catalog along with original video series, podcasts, thousands of expertly curated playlists and artist discovery via TIDAL Rising. With the commitment of its owners to create a more sustainable model for the music industry, TIDAL is available in premium and HiFi tiers—which includes Master Quality Authenticated (MQA) recordings as well as Sony’s 360 Reality Audio recordings.
As the Head of Partnerships and Business Development, you will report directly to TIDAL's COO and oversee a team of business development professionals and regional managers across the world. Your team will focus on growing TIDAL's customer base by leveraging existing distribution and brand partnerships, finding new partners through business development efforts, partnering with the Customer Engagement team to create and execute locally relevant marketing strategies and shepherd localized content strategies.
This is a unique opportunity to manage a high-impact and passionate team and lead broad strategic efforts across all our international markets at TIDAL.
- Lead our global business development strategy and all partnership efforts, such as telecommunications, automotive, retail, technology, and others
- Manage a team of 5 Country Managers and bring cohesion to our international strategies
- Partner with our music licensing team to structure and approve deals observing our music licenses for both record labels and music publishers or publishing collection societies and organizations
- Manage a P&L with both revenue and cost responsibility, optimizing personnel, marketing, and other spend across regions
- Support TIDAL's overall brand/business strategies and focus areas such as customer growth, user engagement and retention
- Work with Digital Marketing, Artist Marketing, Growth, and Retention teams to plan and execute regional marketing plans across multiple channels, including digital, event and PR efforts
- Promote conversations and create processes between TIDAL's global team and PR/social media agency to support our brand marketing goals
- Develop regionally relevant content and campaign ideas to support key business initiatives
- Bachelor's degree and Master's Degree or work experience in management consulting or investment banking
- 10+ years of experience in a business development or sales role
- 5+ years of overall management experience
- Client-facing experience
- Experience negotiating commercial terms with third parties, and cultivate long-term partner relationships
- Experience assessing how trends differ per region and can create strategies based on market conditions
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources