Finance & Strategy Senior Analyst - Platform
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
We are looking for Finance & Strategy Senior Analyst, reporting to a Finance & Strategy Lead, to support our Platform team. The Platform team is responsible for building and growing our developer platform and partnership ecosystem. The team is focused on building APIs that external developers and partners use to build apps on Square's platform. Finance & Strategy team members have an intimate understanding of the business. We gain this by using analytical tools to evaluate customer and financial trends, answer questions with data-driven insights, and communicate relevant recommendations. This position can sit in any US Square office or be full-time remote from any part of the lower-48 states and Hawaii.
- Apply expertise of Square's business to 1) forecast product financial performance, including all trends, 2) create analyses used for strategy development, 3) surface strategic insights for partners and 4) help inform Square's investment capacity in product development.
- Partner with departments (e.g. Accounting, Business Intelligence and Data Analytics, Sales and Marketing, and others) to analyze on the financial impact of decisions across the company.
- You will lead strategic projects. Illustrative examples include pricing, new market analysis and competitor benchmarking.
- Report our results and communicate important takeaways to senior team members (product leaders, board members and executive staff), including identifying business opportunities and risks.
- Summarize data from SQL and work with multiple partners to understand complex relationships between main reasons for our business.
- You will help advise on the Payroll operating expense budget activities to ensure investment allocation and resources are align with Square's strategic priorities.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or other relevant field
- 2+ years experience working at a top tier Investment Banking or Consulting firm, or Corporate Strategy experience at a high-growth technology company
- You have excellent proficiency in financial modeling and Excel (be prepared for a case study)
- Experience with payments industry
- Experience with analytics tools and data visualization tools (Looker)
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources