Head of Brand Marketing, TIDAL
- New York, NY
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
TIDAL is an artist-centric global music and entertainment platform that brings artists and fans closer together through unique original content and exclusive events. Available in 57 countries, the streaming service has more than 70 million songs and 250,000 high-quality videos in its catalog along with original video series, podcasts, thousands of expertly curated playlists and artist discovery via TIDAL Rising. With the commitment of its owners to create a more sustainable model for the music industry, TIDAL is available in premium and HiFi tiers—which includes Master Quality Authenticated (MQA) recordings as well as Sony’s 360 Reality Audio recordings.
TIDAL is looking for a seasoned marketer to build and lead the marketing strategy for our overall brand positioning and voice, owned social channels, and artist related projects, such as music releases, tours, and other partnerships with artists. As our Head of Brand Marketing, you will lead several teams responsible for developing strategies and executing on multi channel marketing programs for solidifying our brand positioning and voice and increasing brand awareness amongst our target audience. The right candidate should be familiar running global campaigns on multiple channels including paid digital, organic social, and influencers; they should also have experience gaining earned media, coordinating in app merchandising, and ideating on experiential events.
A background in the music industry is a plus, as TIDAL continues to create artist and content marketing campaigns that are innovative and culturally avant-garde.
- Oversee team of 4+ marketing professionals, working with a variety of different teams across the broader organization and with external contacts
- Own annual brand marketing plan and campaigns related to TIDAL’s original content and campaigns for album releases, tours, and other artist related programs
- Oversee TIDAL’s creative team and is responsible for creating a consistent and appealing visual identity
- Develop understanding of customer mindsets, attitudes, & behaviors. Translate those insights into marketing strategies.
- Develop, in partnership with our analytics teams, metrics and measurement solutions that demonstrate the impact of the brand programs.
- Responsible for owned social channels and works with our social team to create compelling social campaigns to grow follower base and create engagement
- Own end to end campaign execution, including defining success metrics, target audience, messaging / messaging hierarchy, channel strategy, creative vision and ongoing optimization
- Partner with Customer Engagement team to help drive organic user growth and reduce CAC through an increase in awareness amongst target audiences
- Identify opportunities with artists that TIDAL is well positioned to support, working with artist relations to craft the perfect marketing campaign to support artist programs
- 12+ years of prior brand marketing, content marketing or entertainment marketing experience as well as 5+ years of management experience
- Ability to tell compelling stories centered around content but related to a company’s brand, to a variety of audiences: internally, artist / client facing, and customer facing
- Deeply understands the marketing funnel and is capable of creating and coordinating the execution of campaigns that have different strategies for impacting different parts of the funnel
- Understands how to target different segments of customers with different types of brand, content or artist deliverables, both through digital channels and earned media
- Experience marketing across multiple channels, including digital, out of home, owned channels, and working with PR team to gain earned media
- Has basic proficiency in applying data to decision making and basic familiarity with Tableau, Lookr, or other BI / reporting tools
- Familiarity or understanding of key attribution, tracking tools, or communication tools inherent in a digital marketing tech stack a strong plus - Adjust, Braze, Google Analytics, CDPs, etc
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources