Design Manager, Developer Platform
- Seattle, WA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Toronto, Canada
As a Product Designer Manager on our Developers team, you will lead a team of product designers and work on a dynamic mix of platform and product challenges that are vital to the future of Square. Square has built a robust ecosystem of hardware and software solutions that helps businesses of all sizes run and succeed. The Developers team educates and enables developers and vendors to build custom applications on top of that ecosystem through APIs and SDKs. We’re also building a robust 3rd party app ecosystem that allows partners to build directly into Square’s products for Square sellers. We have a great foundation across these areas, however we’re just getting started. We're looking for someone to drive the vision across the entire developer experience. This position will require strategic thinking and leadership, along with the opportunity to directly contribute work yourself.
You will report directly to the Head of Design and partner with your peers to craft and execute on a bold multi-year strategy. You will lead a team of product designers. You will provide guidance of their output, facilitating partnerships and the design process. You will promote an outstanding design practice, influence product strategy, and ensure product execution.
- Create the vision for a product through the work of your team, and often deliver your own high-level designs
- Question and work with leadership peers to form solutions or drive next steps to unblock the team
- Critically compare the cost of taking principled risks against extending project timelines for research and validation, working with your team to instill confidence in decisions
- Lead conversations about improving the processes and health of your team
- Work with your team to form ideas that contribute to roadmaps and strategy
- Leverage to use your years of experience to quickly move projects forward, leveraging domain expertise, establishing principles, and conducting research
- Drive the vision for the product and achieve it through design explorations, documentation, and presentations
**For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio and any relevant passwords**
- 8+ years of relevant professional experience
- Experience leading and mentoring a team of product designers
- A portfolio that shows work you were directly responsible for the success of a product’s execution and launch
- Led teams that have contributed to high impact projects for your company
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.