- Dublin, Ireland
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
The Square Accounting team is looking to hire an International Hardware Accountant that will be an integral part of our growing team. As Square continues to expand its presence around the globe, we’re looking to bring in an individual who will be a key part of the team in accounting for our international hardware. The ideal candidate will be highly analytical and able to work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment. This individual will have strong cost accounting and analytical skills with a high degree of accuracy, and ability to meet deadlines. Our global supply chain model uses a contract manufacturing model, so experience in this area is preferred.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with business operations to ensure timely and accurate monthly financial closing, these areas include but are not limited to calculations and analyses of inventory balances, warranty reserves, capital expenditures, margin analysis, R&D operating expenses and other inventory reserve accounts
- Prepare detailed account analysis, balance sheet reconciliations for respective GL accounts, COGS reconciliation and cost proof for month end financial review
- Collaborate with the Operations team to resolve inventory discrepancies by performing reconciliation with 3PL, Vendor shipments, and analyzing Goods in Transit.
- Analyze and validate the cost of goods sold (and deferred cost of goods sold) as part of the month-end close
- Perform standard cost review on a quarterly basis and work closely with Operations to review changes and impacts
- Participate in the quarter-end and year-end audit including physical inventory at 3PL
- Collaborate cross-functionally with the business operations and business systems teams for process improvements and automation in the supply chain and inventory modules of Oracle
- Review SOX controls and process documents to ensure adherence of internal controls and ensure process integrity with Cost/Inventory and work with team members to resolve process issues and implement process improvements
- Support quarterly reviews and annual audits performed by external auditors
- Drive change in the organization via participation in special projects and ad hoc analyses
- 3-5 years accounting experience in a public company environment. Cost accounting experience preferred.
- Understanding of Supply Chain and Operations
- Experience working with consumer electronics or channel partner relationships desirable
- Experience working with ERP system such as Oracle R12 or SAP
- Strong understanding of financial and operational controls
- Experience with implementing process improvements
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience in systems skills-Intermediate MS Excel
- Passion for Square. Strong interest in technology / knowledge of the industry
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources