Regional Manager, Japan, TIDAL
- Tokyo, Japan
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
TIDAL is an artist-centric global music and entertainment platform that brings artists and fans closer together through unique original content and exclusive events. Available in 61 countries, the streaming service has more than 70 million songs and 250,000 high-quality videos in its catalog along with original video series, podcasts, thousands of expertly curated playlists and artist discovery via TIDAL Rising. With the commitment of its owners to create a more sustainable model for the music industry, TIDAL is available in premium and HiFi tiers—which includes Master Quality Authenticated (MQA) recordings as well as Sony’s 360 Reality Audio recordings.
As Regional Manager, Japan you will focus on growing our customer base in the region through new and existing partnerships, content / editorial efforts, organic social, earned media, and informing our consumer facing growth marketing and retention efforts.
With a high-paced environment, talented team, and cutting-edge offering, you will be part of a team collaborating passionately on diverse initiatives while growing TIDAL’s business in Japan. You must be an entrepreneurial, structured, proactive, and hard-working leader with a broad business skill set and an appetite to learn.
Prior management experience is required, as is experience working with teams across different time zones and from diverse backgrounds. The right candidate has a background in both B2C and B2B marketing, and has managed relationships with large clients.
Fluency in Japanese is required for this position.
- Manage a local team with both revenue and cost responsibility, optimizing personnel, marketing, and other spend across your region to achieve goals
- Manage TIDAL’s existing local business and partnership relationships in Japan
- Generate new local and global partnership opportunities together with the global BD team
- Partner with Customer Engagement team to create and implement strategies to maximize customer acquisition, reduce churn, and increase LTV
- Partner with Editorial teams to create content that will engage a local audience
- Ability to assess latest trends in a region, perform competitive assessments, and create regionally specific strategies based on market conditions that executionally feasible
- Lead local hiring in line with TIDAL’s growth
- Propose and plan digital marketing initiatives by staying abreast with the latest trends and changes
- Act as key liaison between TIDAL’s global team and local agencies (PR, etc) ensuring delivery of campaigns, earned media, and content that supports brand marketing objectives
- Develop new content and campaign ideas to support key business initiatives
- Project manage for local events and productions
- Be responsible for copywriting and translations
- Represent TIDAL vis-a-vis local labels and publishers when needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales, or Marketing; Master’s Degree a plus
- 8+ years of experience in a marketing, sales, or business development role; prior management experience required
- Client facing experience required
- Strong presentation skills, with the ability to distill large amounts of information in a clear and concise way
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English
- Ability to proactively identify problems, plan ahead, and ideate solutions
- Strategic and creative thinker who is a self-starter, flexible, and can function in a fast-paced environment
- Strong network within Japan in target industries
- Deep knowledge of music industry and music across genres would be an advantage
- Please send us your CV as a PDF and in English
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources