- Melbourne, Australia
- Employees can work remotely
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
You will be based in our Melbourne office with opportunities to work remotely.
Square is looking for a Commercial Paralegal. If hired, you will: (1) play a key role in providing organizational and substantive support to the attorneys on the Commercial Counsel team who draft, negotiate and manage all commercial agreements for the Seller organization at Square; (2) have the opportunity to build out new systems and procedures to refine contracts management; (3) work with commercial attorneys, contracts managers, and vendor procurement teams; and (4) will report directly to one of the lead attorneys of the Product and Commercial Counsel teams for the Seller organization. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and work on projects in an exciting product environment. As we continue to grow our Commercial Counsel team, your ideas and contributions to improving our contract management processes and assisting our attorneys and contract managers will make an immediate impact.
- Provide administrative support to the Commercial Counsel team and help manage the life-cycle of material commercial contracts
- Develop systems and build processes to help the Commercial Counsel team with contracts management
- Manage special projects to assist with contract tracking and reporting
- Help develop and implement contract templates
- Work with our internal procurement, compliance, and legal teams across the organization
- Support the Commercial Counsel team by providing general administrative, project and contract management support
- Manage several projects and work with team members throughout Square globally
- At least 2 years of paralegal, project management or other experience requiring proficient project management skills
- Bachelor of Laws or equivalent certification
- Appreciation and will to work with teams at all levels
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources