Java Engineer (Search), TIDAL
- Oslo, Norway
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
TIDAL is an artist-centric global music and entertainment platform that brings artists and fans closer together through unique original content and exclusive events. Available in 61 countries, the streaming service has more than 70 million songs and 250,000 high-quality videos in its catalog along with original video series, podcasts, thousands of expertly curated playlists and artist discovery via TIDAL Rising.
With the commitment of its owners to create a more sustainable model for the music industry, TIDAL is available in premium and HiFi tiers—which includes Master Quality Authenticated (MQA) recordings as well as Sony’s 360 Reality Audio recordings.
At TIDAL we are passionate about using the latest technology to deliver a music platform of high technical quality to our global user base. We are growing fast and therefore looking for a Java Engineer who is passionate about technology and excited about getting people aligned towards reaching the same goal.
We work in a fast-paced environment with people who are enthusiastic about tech, music and design. The core of the company lies in its content. TIDAL aims to significantly rework its content search. The position will be an opportunity to take part in research and development of advanced search features such as personalization and contextualization.
TIDAL has a modern application stack that provides an opportunity to work with cutting edge technology solutions.
Some of your tasks as Java Engineer (Search) at TIDAL:
- Develop and maintain search and search indexing related services.
- Involved in search features such as personalization to implement contextual or user personalization features
- Developing the service infrastructure that provides the customer facing content search.
- Working in a microservices based, high volume, distributed system.
- Provide content analysis systems related to search.
- Search relevance engineering to implement relevance improvements
What we are looking for in our new Java Engineer (Search):
- Passion for solving problems involving large data-sets and optimization. And hence, refining the search experience for end users.
- Curious to use advanced and sophisticated algorithms from Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
- Solid SWE engineer experience in the Java stack
- Experience working with search relevance and ranking algorithms
- Understanding of Algorithms, Search, Big Data Analytics is a strong plus.
- Experience with AWS services is a strong plus.
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Life Insurance
- Wellness Allowance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off
- Learning and Development Resources