Android Developer, TIDAL
- Oslo, Norway
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
TIDAL is an artist-centric global music and entertainment platform that brings artists and fans closer together through unique original content and exclusive events. Available in 61 countries, the streaming service has more than 70 million songs and 250,000 high-quality videos in its catalog along with original video series, podcasts, thousands of expertly curated playlists and artist discovery via TIDAL Rising. With the commitment of its owners to create a more sustainable model for the music industry, TIDAL is available in premium and HiFi tiers—which includes Master Quality Authenticated (MQA) recordings as well as Sony’s 360 Reality Audio recordings.
We are looking for Android developers who are excited about working with one of the most sophisticated and advanced music streaming apps in the business. You will be able to develop and apply your skills in a variety of disciplines while collaborating with the biggest names in the industry.
As an Android developer at TIDAL you will work in a tight-knit team with individuals who are passionate about technology and creating great user experiences. We focus on teamwork and creativity, and ALL ideas count. Through your work, you will have the possibility to imprint your craftsmanship in our product and your work will be seen by millions of users every day.
You will be part of TIDAL's Android team, which is responsible for design, architecture and the performance of the app on Android phones, TV, and Auto. All our development work is done in Oslo, where we have our developers who work on delivering a music platform of high technical quality to our global user base.
As an Android developer at TIDAL you will:
- Have a central role in facilitating the growth of TIDAL in one of the most dynamic and competitive sectors within digital music
- Shape the direction of the product through the Android platform, improve current features and introduce new technologies
- Participate in discussions with international partners to establish the future of streaming music
- Collaborate with the Android team, but also with the product team, designers, QA and backend developers
What we are looking for in our new developer:
- You have a relevant higher education (BA).
- A few years of relevant work experience, but we are also open to hiring smart graduates.
- You have experience with Android development, either from prior jobs or university
- You need to know Kotlin and Java
- You have knowledge of Git, RXJava, Dagger
- You have knowledge of SOLID principles, Clean Code and Clean Architecture
- You need to be fluent in English since it is our company language
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Life Insurance
- Wellness Allowance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off
- Learning and Development Resources