Site Reliability Engineer, TIDAL
- Oslo, Norway
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
TIDAL is an artist-centric global music and entertainment platform that brings artists and fans closer together through unique original content and exclusive events. Available in 61 countries, the streaming service has more than 70 million songs and 250,000 high-quality videos in its catalog along with original video series, podcasts, thousands of expertly curated playlists and artist discovery via TIDAL Rising. With the commitment of its owners to create a more sustainable model for the music industry, TIDAL is available in premium and HiFi tiers—which includes Master Quality Authenticated (MQA) recordings as well as Sony’s 360 Reality Audio recordings.
TIDAL keeps growing at an exceptional pace, and we're looking for more experienced people to join our ranks. Working out of our HQ in Oslo, you'll be part of a central team working in a quick-paced and quality-conscious environment , with a primary focus on managing, monitoring and scaling our global AWS infrastructure and CDN network. You will also help architect new services for performance and security, and recommend improvements to existing services.
As an SRE at TIDAL, you'll:
Help teams with our sizable AWS infrastructure
- R&D new technologies & processes to optimize our platform (Service Discovery, Infrastructure-as-Code, Canary Deployments)
- Implement Terraform modules and providers as part of our delivery framework
- Optimize our build and deployment pipelines
- Manage our dev-internal tools including ELK, Spinnaker, Jenkins.
- Continuously improve our Observability strategy
- Work on our security layer (WAF, Secrets, Threat Detection/Prevention)
This job might be for you if you:
BA/BS degree or equivalent practical, working experience (5+ years preferred)
Have experience with Docker, cloud providers and CDNs
- Have a strong knowledge of performance and security practices for a web-based environment
- Are able to troubleshoot outages or performance issues in a large distributed environment
- Have strong operational experience with Linux and PostgreSQL
- Have a software engineering background or proficiency in one of the following programming languages: Java, Python or Go
- Are fluent in English, our working language (Nordic language skills are not required)
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Life Insurance
- Wellness Allowance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off
- Learning and Development Resources