Senior Java Developer, TIDAL
- Oslo, Norway
TIDAL is an artist-centric global music and entertainment platform that brings artists and fans closer together through unique original content and exclusive events. Available in 61 countries, the streaming service has more than 70 million songs and 250,000 high-quality videos in its catalog along with original video series, podcasts, thousands of expertly curated playlists and artist discovery via TIDAL Rising.
With the commitment of its owners to create a more sustainable model for the music industry, TIDAL is available in premium and HiFi tiers—which includes Master Quality Authenticated (MQA) recordings as well as Sony’s 360 Reality Audio recordings.
Are you tired of coming back from conferences and not being able to use the technologies you have learned about?
TIDAL is using them already. Our stack currently includes AWS, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Postgres, Elastic search, DynamoDB, Kinesis, Lambda, and many others. We constantly evaluate the latest technologies and we have the freedom to choose the right ones to solve the task. You will have the possibility to imprint your craftsmanship in our product and your work will be seen by millions of users every week.
We are looking for more experienced Java developers to join our TIDAL Team in Oslo. In this role you will belong to a diverse, energetic group of highly motivated and talented developers who support each other and work together to solve problems in an agile manner. The team enjoys experimenting with new solutions and is always open to innovative ways of improving the product. We focus on teamwork and creativity, and ALL ideas count!
What we are looking for in our new developer:
- You are an experienced Java developer and you are eager to work with the latest Java technologies.
- You have a minimum 3-4 years of experience working with java technologies.
- You have knowledge of and are excited about API driven development.
- You have strong experience with microservices.
- Collaborate with other developers and teams to plan, design, develop, test.
- Inspire and motivate teamwork for achieving goals
- Influence valuable changes and positive outcomes
Who you are:
- You are a self-driven and motivated developer who enjoys working in a team. Your best work is done in collaboration with your team members.
- You pay attention to details, you are reliable and you are pragmatic about your work.
- You are eager to learn new things and creative in your approach to new solutions.
- You are also genuinely passionate about technology and interested in experimenting in your work as a developer.
- You hit the ground running on day 1 and take the ownership of your work and can work independently.
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Life Insurance
- Wellness Allowance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off
- Learning and Development Resources