Product Data Scientist, Capital Financial Operations
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
We are looking for experienced Data Scientists to join Square's growing Capital organization. We have an incredible team that is working to make financing easier, fair and more transparent for all businesses. As a Data Scientist on the Capital Financial Operations Team, you will use your analytics expertise to empower data-driven recommendations to guide our strategy around money movement and loan reconciliation. You will work with a team of product managers, engineers, operations, capital markets, and revenue accounting to make your insights come to life and drive novel ways of moving money and reconciling capital markets activity.
This role will be embedded within a product team.
- Partner with multiple team members to guide data-focused recommendations across the organization by using descriptive and predictive analytics to produce material impact
- Provide comprehensive analytics support to partner teams, through development of self-serve tools (such as ETLs and Looker)
- Determine and monitor key metrics to help measure the effectiveness of our product strategy around funds movement and reconciliation
- Own, coordinate, and solve reconciliation challenges that extend beyond the traditional boundaries of product domains, analytics, and data science
- Communicate analysis and decisions to a wide range of internal partners and executives in verbal, visual, and written media
- Apply a diverse set of techniques including statistics and quantitative reasoning to help grow the business
- 3+ years of analytics experience or equivalent
- Fluent in data tools for analysis and visualization (SQL, dashboards, Python/R)
- An ability to translate ambiguous, unstructured problems into applicable data-driven analyses
- Strong verbal and written skills to explain technical analysis to non-technical partners
- Familiarity with data warehouse design, development, and best practices
- Guide and champion projects that depend on the contributions of others in multiple disciplines
- Experience applying both data-backed heuristics and machine-learning techniques to solve practical product problems such as reconciliation or cash management optimization.
- Some background in lending, financial services, or risk is helpful but can be learned on the job!
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources