Senior Data Scientist, Point of Sale and Customers
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Seattle, United States
Square's mission is economic empowerment, and our team supports this by using data to understand and empathize with our customers, thereby allowing us to build a remarkable product experience. As a member of the Point of Sale & Customers team, you will use engineering, analytics, and machine learning to empower data-driven decisions in the full lifecycle of product development and bringing our products to market. You'll report to the data lead while partnering with the product team to lead experimentation and growth plans, develop solutions to personalize product experiences, provide insights to our sellers about their business, and guide strategic decisions with data. We are looking for and passionate data scientists to join our data team for the each of following product areas:
Customer Directory: Customer Directory is the integrated CRM solution that's built into Square, and the underlying Customer Directory platform helps power many customer-focused Square products such as Square Marketing, Loyalty, Appointments and more. As a data scientist on Directory, you'll partner with the team to help build the next generation of Product & Platform solutions that help our Buyers to centrally manage their data with Square in a privacy-centric way and Sellers to conveniently manage their business by using our network of Buyers to provide remarkable and delightful experiences to their customers.
SPOS: The Square Point of Sale refers to Square's iconic point of sale software which serves a diverse set of businesses. As a data scientist on the team, you will help build the product and go-to-market projects for Square Point of Sale. You will partner with PM, PMM, Engineering and Design on optimizing the product experience driving acquisition and retention to provide value to both our Sellers and our product.
- Partner directly with the product team across the organization by applying descriptive and predictive analytics where it will have a material impact
- Apply a diverse set of tactics such as statistics, quantitative reasoning, and machine learning to research and produce insights
- Lead and coordinate on complex projects that extend beyond the traditional boundaries of product domains, analytics, and data science
- Communicate analysis and decisions to high-level partners and executives in verbal, visual, and written media
- Lead the data strategy of embedded product engineering, to help make well-informed architecture and design decisions that affect data at Square
- Develop resources to empower data access and self-service so your expertise can be used where it is most impactful
- 6+ years of analytics and data science experience or equivalent
- M.S or Ph.D. in a quantitative field (mathematics, statistics, or similar STEM field)
- Experience building relationships to influence product partners with data
- Experience leading projects that depend on the contributions of others in multiple disciplines
- Experience applying both statistical and machine-learning techniques to solve practical product problems such as predicting churn, LTV, cross-selling, and clustering user archetypes
- Familiarity with data warehouse design and best practices
- Fluency with data, analytics, and visualization technologies (we use SQL, Looker, and Python)
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.