Data Engineer, Business Intelligence
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Austin, United States
As a Business Intelligence Data Engineer, you will be responsible for defining, developing and managing curated datasets, key business metrics and reporting across functional units at Square. You will architect, implement and manage data models and ETLs that will enable product and business teams access consistent metrics across Square ecosystem. You are a self-starter and you are comfortable working cross-functionally with other teams across Square.
- Partner with business stakeholders, upstream infrastructure platform engineering teams and downstream data consumers to understand data and translate business requirements into technical design of building scalable data pipelines.
- Develop and take ownership of BI data pipelines and centralized data warehouse with trustworthy curated datasets and standardized metrics and business definitions to empower data access and self-service
- Perform data analysis and troubleshoot technical issues with platforms, performance, data discrepancies, production issues
5+ years of data engineer experience in a successful data engineering or business intelligence team with expert knowledge of data warehouse architecture and hands on experience of data modeling design, ETL pipeline implementation using SQL and Python, and building reports with Looker or similar BI visualization tools.
Hands on experience on cloud-based computing services and data warehouses like Snowflake, Redshift, Azure, or similar
Excellent communication skills with strong business intuition and ability to understand complex business systems; versatility and willingness to learn new technologies on the job.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources