Frontend Developer, TIDAL
- Oslo, Norway
TIDAL is an artist-centric global music and entertainment platform that brings artists and fans closer together through unique original content and exclusive events. Available in 61 countries, the streaming service has more than 70 million songs and 250,000 high-quality videos in its catalog along with original video series, podcasts, thousands of expertly curated playlists and artist discovery via TIDAL Rising.
With the commitment of its owners to create a more sustainable model for the music industry, TIDAL is available in premium and HiFi tiers—which includes Master Quality Authenticated (MQA) recordings as well as Sony’s 360 Reality Audio recordings.
This is a unique opportunity to work with an international brand on a growing platform developed in Norway.
When applying, please include links to your open-source contributions as well.
- Strive to create the best possible product for our users
- Write beautiful code which is easy to understand and maintain, for others and yourself
- Care deeply about performance and accessibility
- Try to solve problems in the simplest way possible!
Key team responsibilities:
Overall responsibility for the TIDAL Web/Desktop client
- Development, documentation, and maintenance of the TIDAL Web/Desktop platform
- Supportive role towards other teams using the TIDAL Web/Desktop platform
- Help analyze requirements and take part in implementation
- Stay updated on frontend technology
- Work closely with our domain and QA teams to deliver innovative and stable releases of applications
Skills we are looking for:
- Bachelors in Computer Science (or similar) and minimum 3 years of relevant work experience
- Experience writing tests (unit-, integration- and end-to-end)
- Good understanding of web standards
- Cross-browser development and debugging skills
- Knowledge about Electron, Node.js and functional programming would be considered as a plus
- Ability to solve problems successfully including being analytical and showing adaptability
- Interest in HiFi audio is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal English as English is our company language.
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Life Insurance
- Wellness Allowance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off
- Learning and Development Resources