Chief Compliance Officer
- Vilnius, Lithuania
- Employees can work remotely
Verse is a financial brand within the ecosystem of Square, with offices located in Vilnius & Barcelona. It's goal is to take the friction out of spending and sharing money through peer-to-peer transactions. The Verse digital wallet allows you to share payments instantly, safely, and free of charge across the European Union.
Verse is collaborating closely with the Cash App organization to build a product that redefines the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible. This partnership will enhance support and continued investment in our company’s growth across the European Union.
We are seeking a Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) to lead the Compliance team in Vilnius, Lithuania, and report into the Head of Compliance for Cash App. You will lead all compliance management activities relating to conduct risk, regulatory and anti-money laundering/counter-terrorist financing risk for Verse. As an integrated part of Square's global Compliance team, you'll have the opportunity to leverage the broader organization to embed a compliance culture locally, and design a compliance framework that meets local, national, or cross-border laws, rules, regulations, and internal policies and procedures.
You and your team will be essential to Verse's success in the region, working with colleagues across Compliance, Payments and Industry Relations, Finance, Risk, Counsel, Internal Audit, Product, Engineering, and Sales and Marketing. You will solve challenging business problems, improve processes, and lead meaningful change. This role is full-time and based in Vilnius, Lithuania.
- Work with internal Compliance teams (such as Product Advisory, Financial Crimes, Risk & Controls, Governance, and our Technology team) to identify clear steps to build and run the Compliance program, mitigate regulatory risks and provide recommendations to the business
- Partner on the launch of new products and services to ensure regulatory requirements and compliance requirements are met
- Conduct thematic reviews of existing policies, procedures and processes to identify any compliance gaps, then lead remediations as needed
- Maintain a positive relationship with the regulator, the Bank of Lithuania and with the FCIS
- Assess and advise the team on a broad range of anti-financial crime matters, including anti-money laundering, sanctions, fraud, data privacy/cyber-security, and other regulatory inquiries and all required reporting to the regulator
- Oversee the daily operations of the local Compliance team, including hiring, training and managing staff and managing escalations; implement strategic, tactical, and operational goals according to timelines and budget
- Facilitate regulatory regime monitoring, perform risk assessments, and prepare reports for senior management and the Board of Directors, and undergo audits with the support of the Compliance Governance team
- Research and understand ongoing changes in regulation, in the market, and within the competitive landscape
- 8+ years of Compliance experience in a financial services firm, or related e-money/payments industry
- 5+ years experience managing teams
- Fluency in English and Lithuanian (written and spoken)
- Knowledge of the Lithuanian and EU financial sector regulatory environment and essential compliance regimes, such as AML and Sanctions
- Experience working directly with the the Bank of Lithuania or other European Regulators
- Complex problem-solving and decision-making skills, with the ability to identify the important issues and drive resolution
- Ability to build strong working relationships with remote based teams
Verse treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, political ideas, ethnicity, origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, social status, union states, kinship status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines and applicable regulations.Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to email@example.com. We will treat your request and information as confidentially as possible in accordance with our privacy policies and applicable requirements. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.