Senior Product Designer, Appointments - Consumer Product
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
As a senior-level Product Designer at Square you will guide the design and vision for a new, unannounced product within the Appointments and Messages team.
On this team, we're building brand new products on top of Square's revolutionary payments platform to make the lives of appointment-based professionals easier and more productive, and the experience for their customers more modern, seamless and delightful. Our small and collaborative team has already built many foundational features and are now focused on brainstorming and experimenting beyond traditional products.
Given this product is in its earliest stages, we're looking for someone who is motivated by complex problems and can work with their team to establish the direction and features of this ambiguous product. You'll oversee decisions that directly influence the product and roadmap - you will help determine success, conduct research, prioritize features, handle trade-offs and map out milestones - and produce beautiful, high-quality designs.
We believe in generalists that have a hand in each stage of product development, so Product Designers at Square take projects from napkin sketches to final visual specifications. You will report into a design team that works with other designers, product managers, analysts, and engineers.
***For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio***
- 7+ years of professional design experience.
- A portfolio of work that shows you were directly responsible for the success of high impact projects that have benefited end-users.
- The ability to articulate high-level team goals and connect your work to large company initiatives.
- Formed ideas and presented them to your cross-functional team to determine strategy and roadmaps.
- Experience questioning and collaborating with your leadership peers and bringing conversations to next steps.
- The ability to guide the vision for the product and achieve it through design explorations, research, documentation, and presentations to bring the team along.
- The ability to determine your point of view of what success means for a given initiative.
- Tackled complicated projects and sought the information you needed to move those projects forward.
- Strong visual design skills
- Experience in consumer products
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources