User Researcher, eCommerce
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
User Research champions the human-centered exploration of complex problems using evidence, data and insight to help us make better decisions. This User Researcher role is part of the User Research team within Square eCommerce. You will work in partnership with best-in-class product managers, designers, marketers, analysts, engineers, alongside other researchers and stakeholders to deliver insights that drive remarkable omnichannel solutions to support our sellers. You'll take on meaningful research projects that will have a lasting impact on our business and our users' experience. You will report to the Lead User Researcher, eCommerce.
- Define project scope and apply appropriate methodologies to manage a research "portfolio" of foundational and evaluative insights, with guidance from senior researchers.
- Act as the dedicated researcher for multiple squads and build strong relationships with cross-functional partners, such as product managers, designers, marketers, analysts and engineers.
- Own the entire research process from ideation to insights.
- Deliver high quality and robust research outcomes.
- Connect insights and approaches across multiple squads and data sources to encourage a holistic view that is biased towards action.
- Shape User Research capabilities and processes, playing a key role in scaling methods, tools and activities that deliver value.
- 3+ years' experience conducting UX research.
- Experience with both qualitative and quantitative research methods such as interviews, moderated and unmoderated tests, heuristic evaluations, benchmark studies, contextual inquiries and surveys.
- Your day-today consists of leading multiple mixed-methods research projects simultaneously end to end: gather requirements, develop guides/screeners/surveys, recruit, moderate, analyze and communicate insights.
- Ability to work within tight timelines and with excellent project management skills
- A passion to build user-focused products that solve essential problems.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Anthropology, Behavioral Economics, Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Information Science, Psychology, Sociology, or a related field. Bonus for candidates with a Graduate Degree.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources