Senior Product Designer, Payment Products
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
The Payment Products team manages Square's flagship payments product, making it possible for any seller to take card payments quickly and easily. Our team loves working on Payments because our product is the catalyst for Square's mission of economic empowerment. It is Square's first touchpoint with most of our sellers, and we've already helped millions of sellers take their first payment with Square. But we must continue to listen and respond to the next generation of businesses that are forming and give them the tools to succeed in a quickly evolving payments landscape. Your work will span from core features to experimental projects. This is a highly collaborative role and you will partner with other designers, project managers, data analysts, and engineers. We believe design has a hand in each stage of product development, so Product Designers at Square take projects from napkin sketches to final specifications.
We are looking for a senior Payments designer to shape our best-in-class payments experience, and discover and invent wholly new ways to take payments and reach newly forming businesses.
- Own the experience of taking your first payment with Square, and shape it to meet the needs of new sellers globally.
- Work very collaboratively with strategic partners across Square to ensure that the customer journey is always honored and prioritized.
- Hold the highest standards for design of a foundational experience for Sellers.
***For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio***
- At least (7) years of relevant professional experience
- A portfolio that shows work you were directly responsible for the success of
- Experience as a primary contributor to multiple high impact projects
- You form ideas and present them to your team to determine strategy and roadmaps
- You can question and collaborate with your leadership peers and bring conversations to next steps
- You can guide the vision for the product and achieve it through design explorations, documentation, and presentations to bring the team along
- You know when to bypass minor UX testing and lean on your expertise, but also when to propose initiatives to fill in the gaps
- You can determine your point of view of what success means for a given initiative
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources