Technical Accounting Manager
- Oakland, CA
We are looking for a Technical Accounting Manager, who will report directly to the Head of Technical Accounting and Financial Reporting and manage different technical accounting needs. You should have a technical accounting, and SEC and financial reporting background, be comfortable and navigating through complex matters to support transactions and products to help scale our product ecosystems,
- Research and document technical accounting analysis conclusions and reporting implications of complex and non-standard transactions, and other corporate accounting and reporting matters that arise from time to time
- Be the technical accounting lead on projects such M&A, new products, new accounting guidance, which will include planning such projects, coordination and execution
- Collaborate to implement new accounting standards, and support corporate financial reporting including 10Ks and 10Qs
- Be an essential part of the annual audit and quarterly reviews with external auditors, the accounting team, and executive management
- A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent;
- CPA required
- 7+ years of experience required – Big 4 experience valued;
- IFRS experience
- Public company experience required (preferably from working at a high growth public company, Financial Services / Payment Processor industry experience desirable but not a requirement)
- Comprehensive and current understanding of US GAAP, including recently issued accounting pronouncements, and SEC reporting principles and regulations
- Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley and internal control frameworks;
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.