Senior Android Developer - Streaming team, TIDAL
- Oslo, Norway
TIDAL is an artist-centric global music and entertainment platform that brings artists and fans closer together through unique original content and exclusive events. Available in 61 countries, the streaming service has more than 70 million songs and 250,000 high-quality videos in its catalog along with original video series, podcasts, thousands of expertly curated playlists and artist discovery via TIDAL Rising. With the commitment of its owners to create a more sustainable model for the music industry, TIDAL is available in premium and HiFi tiers—which includes Master Quality Authenticated (MQA) recordings as well as Sony’s 360 Reality Audio recordings.
TIDAL is a music streaming service, serving millions of users globally every day. We keep growing and we're constantly looking for more talented people to join our ranks. Working out of our HQ in Oslo, you'll be part of a tightly knit team focusing on improving our media streaming platform. As a member of the streaming team, with Android development skills, you will help us improve our playback experience. Our path has not necessarily been walked before, so innovation is an integral part of our work when building new features, optimizing current ones and improving performance.
About the streaming team:
- We are responsible for everything involving TIDALs media files, i.e. ingest, storage, transcoding, encryption, delivery and playback logic. We make the music play!
- Cross-functional team, no hard lines between backend/frontend or different platforms, we help each other out!
- We are autonomous in the sense that we decide over our own processes and roadmap.
- Team members have a high degree of freedom when it comes to organizing every day work. Freedom with responsibility!
- We strive for lightweight processes. Our goal is to build great products, not to have meetings.
This might be for you if you:
- Have 5+ years of relevant experience
- Have a genuine interest in streaming media tech or think it sounds interesting.
- Have excellent software development skills.
- Enjoy taking responsibility for the entire development cycle, from idea to release. (research, pre-study, quality assurance, monitoring in production etc)
- Have a willingness to learn about new domains and technologies.
- Have a can-do attitude! You like to dig deep in order to understand the problem and find good solutions.
- Enjoy more “low-level” work; logic, optimizations, network, file management etc.
Technologies you will work with:
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Life Insurance
- Wellness Allowance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off
- Learning and Development Resources